Adult Day Activity Centers for Individuals with Disabilities
Located in Pettis and Saline counties, our activity centers are day service programs that serve adults with developmental or other disabilities. We offer a variety of both community and center-based activities, as well as opportunities and choices for support, training, social interaction, and community participation.
Adult Activity Centers
Our services are as varied as the people who enjoy them. These activities are centered around the individuals we serve. Whether they are interested in participating in a center-based or community-based activity, we provide all of the support, materials, and training they need. The only responsibility of the participant is to show up and take part in meaningful experiences.
Activities and Training Opportunities
Here is a partial list of things we have done in the past. We are continually adding new experiences and activities to include in our programming.
- Community Inclusion
- Social Skills Building
- Recreational and Leisure Skills—Developing Hobbies, Use of Leisure Time
- Nutrition Training
- Video and Board Games
- Community Activities
- Volunteer Activities
- Recreational Swimming (Pettis County)
- Field trips to Places of Interest
- Hobbies (e.g. Horticulture, Scrap Booking)
- Basic First Aid Skills Training
- Sensory Awareness
- Interest Groups
- Current Events Discussions
- Movies (Entertainment and Recreational)
- Gross/Fine Motor Skills Activities