TRAINING YOU FOR MORE EXPERIENCES
Vocational Training provides training to adults with vocational goals who are behaviorally and medically manageable. Our goal is to help people become more independent and achieve their vocational goals through training and various community experiences. A typical day is ½ day in simulated work learning hands on skills and performance skills. The other ½ day is curriculum based covering cognitive skills, interpersonal relationships and work attitudes. Special events such as mock job experiences, social events and tours of local businesses further expose individuals to the community and possible job opportunities.
Hours of services are 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. M-F. Eligibility may depend on sources of funding for each employee. Vocational Training works with Organizational Employment, Community Rehabilitation Program and the Activity Center. Movement between programs does happen based on which program best supports the employee’s needs and desires.
Providing Opportunities and Building Friendships
|Preparing the raised garden in Pettis!||Benton helping with Smart Start Back to School Fair!|
Job training offered during program hours:
- Computer Skills Training (development of cards, general typing skills)
- Office related skills
- Socially Appropriate Work Behaviors
- Positive grooming for the workplace and job interviews
- Positive work attendance
- Increasing Productivity
- Increasing Quality of Work
- Safety Training
- Specialized training blocks (housekeeping, ground maintenance, material handling….)
- Tours of local businesses or companies exposing people to a variety of employment opportunities.
- Proofing work/Quality checking
Building Memories while training and growing!
|Pettis Training shucking corn!||Saline Training volunteering at
Lighthouse thrift store!
|Saline luncheon day!||Harbor Walk with Senior Center